TreadingSoftly

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Im no photographer...but here they are!

My favorite- Painting! Im just starting a couple paintings, trying to use my own style ("My Voice"- below). In school we have to learn the traditional stuff, which is very important, but Im excited to be more expressive with it!
From my first oil painting class. They are pretty elementary, but Im still learning, and LOVING every second. These are my first still life, and landscape. The other is a painting I did my Junior year of Highschool..before I knew anything about painting. Its acryllic, and another me in a "Klimt" world. I just love it because I can still feel the same way I did when I painted it 4 years ago just by seeing it.




These are from my Figure Drawing class. Pencil, Charcoal, Pastel, Ink and Wash, and Experimental medium


















These are all from my Head Drawing class, some are better than others.


These are some of the very first prints I did in my Printmaking class. They aren't my favorite, but part of the learning process I guess. The first is a "Klimt" style, which I tend to do every so often. And the other is called "Hello Beautiful" which is basically the illustration to one of my favorite songs.

This was a design project. "Hummingbird"

3 comments:

Michelle Utley said...

Mandy! All I can say is Wow... these are absolutely stunning. It is so great to see your work!

Anonymous said...

Impressive my friend! "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Love Nance

Kristi Harrison said...

and so my favorite little art history friend has a blog.. yay.. how are you doing? how is texas?