TreadingSoftly

Saturday, September 20, 2008

V Monther / Teachin da kids







Friday was Geoff and I's 5 month anniversary. We've had the best couple of weeks together, so we were really excited to celebrate. On Friday when I came home from work there was a dozen white roses, a super cute card, and a Symphony bar.My fav. During lunch, when he got home from putting all of it together for me, he went to check the mail, and got the letter I sent him on Thursday. We both succeeded in suprising eachother, which doesnt happen often. We had dinner together, and went to International Film night and watched "Not One Less" It was super cute, about a young teacher in rural China. Then we took these pics...for those of you who know me well...you understand that it has been an insanely long time since our last feet picture..much overdue! Thankfully I will forever have our feet recorded from our 5 monther.

Which brings me to my student teaching. It's been super fun working with the kids and I have learned a ton, and gained a lot of confidence. It's so great to finally be doing what I love, and its so rewarding working with kids. 7th and 8th graders can be rather...awkward and funny...but I am really loving them. Geoff probably gets sick of me talking about each one of them every day. This week I have been teaching them grid-drawing...They copied comics, then did pastels. Here is the example I made for them. I chose this comic square because it reminded me of my life when I was their age...haha..remember mom?? Actually not much has changed..I still stay in bed until the very last moment.

Some other movie suggestions that Geoff and I have watched lately:
God Grew Tired of Us- Documentary about some of the Lost Boys who were given American Citizenship
Young at Heart- Documentary about an Elderly Choir that performs modern songs (Coldplay, Rolling Stones, etc) Soo cute.
Painted Veil- Super heart-wrenching, But an amazing love story about a married couple during a Chinese epidemic.
The Straight Story- So good! About an old man driving his lawn mower across two states, about Independence, Forgiveness, Peace before Death. Really great one! True Story.

(>-) <3 and : )

1 comment:

Tim, Niccole, and Neva said...

Tim and I watched Painted Veil over the break and we really liked it. We had never heard of it before but it looked pretty good so we snagged it. I cried at the end :(