TreadingSoftly

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Mr. Cooper

It is common for people to comment that I dress more conservatively than my husband. And it's quite uncommon for the male to be the more radical dresser.
Well occasionally people will make comments to me like- so do you like your husband's hair? I find this quite hilarious when their husband's don't exactly have any style. In my mind I think "....Do you like YOUR husband's hair?" I mean really- yes- I'm a soulful, passionate person. And I must say- American Eagle, White Tennis Shoes, Three-button Polos, Kaki Cargo shorts, etc etc- don't express much soul. I enjoy that my husband has his own style. And I feel lucky as a wife that my husband has any style at all. Let's face it- most men don't actually branch out from their norm. Geoff enjoys fashion, and expression. Colors, Patterns, the variety of cuts and styles- fashion is dang fun. And all I have to say is- I feel sorry for all you women out there who's husbands don't feel so free to dress a little "weird" sometimes. We embrace the weirdness in our home- we live for it even.
Besides- he looks DANG good doin what he does.



Very Festive- 4th of July wear too- look at that salmon/pinkish pinstripe with his Navy bowtie!
Shirt- thrifted from Ahab Bowen (Awesome vintage store in Dallas)
Bowtie, Skinnies, Oxfords- Urban Outfitters.
And P.S.- dressing like this is quite normal to a lot of people ; )

And me being not quite as weird:


My sweet Mimi passed away a year and half ago- and I love this butterfly brooch that got passed down to me. It's even greater because it was hers.



No comments: