TreadingSoftly

Thursday, June 9, 2011

2nd year, 2nd summer


Yipee- Schools out again!! It's been a really great year with some awesome students and great memories. Here a just a few:

I ended the year with my National Art Honor Society- Sidewalk Chalk Competition. The theme was "My Generation". I'm the one on the right- I know- I blend right in.


NAHS Field Trip to the Dallas World Aquarium- Geoff got to come and help "chaperone" which was a lot of fun.

Tape Murals- this was the NAHS big project/focus for the year. We did the sign-language hands first -spelling Heath-our school name. Then after visiting the aquarium we did the animal-surrealism ones which are just hilarious to me. My kids are super random and I love it.
This is a pic one of my student snapped of me while sitting and chatting at my desk. It's great teaching- but even greater getting to know my students individually. Oh- and see the mess on my desk- yep- there is Always one of those : )
Homecoming parade- NAHS Float- funny participating in things I certainly didn't attend when I was in highschool. Also funny sponsoring a club- considering I never took part in any in highschool.

I was super sad this year to see some of my Seniors go that I've had for two years. But it's also exciting to see what they do with themselves!

And as for me- well I'm going to be doing a lot of painting and yoga with myself : ) Along with having a whole summer with Geoff- no school.work- just play.

No comments: